EMS incorporates two essential mechanisms for sales management: the Sales Order Mechanism and the Sales Schedule Mechanism. These functionalities enable seamless processing and tracking of sales orders within the system.
One significant advantage of EMS is its ability to program all parts and materials costs, allowing for immediate calculation of gross margins as soon as a sales order is created. This feature provides valuable insights into profitability and helps in making informed business decisions.
EMS also supports electronic data interchange (EDI) processes, automating tasks such as generating and sending invoices and delivery notes electronically to the respective recipients. This automation saves valuable time and resources, streamlining the sales process and enhancing overall efficiency.
Sales Order Management (SOM) module is a critical component of any ERP system. It helps businesses manage the entire sales order lifecycle, from creation to fulfillment.
- Sales order creation: This allows businesses to create sales orders for customers.
- Sales order processing: This involves validating and approving sales orders, as well as tracking their progress through the fulfillment process.
- Sales order fulfillment: This includes picking, packing, and shipping products to customers.
- Sales order tracking: This allows businesses to track the status of sales orders and identify any potential problems.
- Sales order reporting: This provides businesses with reports on sales orders, such as order volume, order value, and average order size.
The SOM module can be used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of sales order management. It can help businesses to:
- Reduce errors: By automating the sales order process, the SOM module can help businesses to reduce errors.
- Improve customer service: By providing customers with real-time order tracking information, the SOM module can help businesses to improve customer service.
- Increase sales: By providing businesses with insights into sales trends, the SOM module can help businesses to increase sales.
If you are looking for a way to improve your sales order management, the SOM module is a good option to consider.
- Improved efficiency: A sales order management module can help businesses to improve the efficiency of their sales order process by automating tasks, such as order creation and processing. This can free up employees to focus on other tasks, such as customer service.
- Reduced errors: A sales order management module can help businesses to reduce errors by automating the sales order process and providing real-time data entry validation. This can help businesses to avoid costly mistakes, such as shipping the wrong product or charging the wrong price.
- Improved customer service: A sales order management module can help businesses to improve customer service by providing customers with real-time order tracking information. This can help to keep customers informed about the status of their orders and reduce the number of inquiries that businesses receive from customers.
- Increased sales: A sales order management module can help businesses to increase sales by providing insights into sales trends and patterns. This information can be used to identify opportunities to grow sales, such as cross-selling or upselling products.
Reports Generated by this Module
This report provides a statement of all pending orders, along with their current status. It helps in monitoring and managing orders that are yet to be fulfilled or processed.
The Sales Order vs. Supply report compares the quantity of sales orders placed with the actual supply of products. It helps identify any discrepancies or gaps between customer demand and product availability.
This report compares the sales schedule, which includes planned sales orders, with the actual supply of products. It provides insights into the fulfilment of scheduled sales and helps in managing production and inventory accordingly.
The Product-Wise Sales report provides a detailed analysis of sales performance for each product. It includes information such as quantity sold, revenue generated, and other relevant metrics, helping in identifying popular products and analyzing sales trends.
The Sales Return report captures and analyses all sales returns made by customers. It provides an overview of returned products, reasons for returns, and any associated financial implications.
This report tracks customer collections and outstanding payments. It helps in monitoring accounts receivable, identifying overdue payments, and managing cash flow effectively.
The Invoice Day Book report provides a chronological record of all invoices generated within a specific time period. It includes details such as invoice numbers, dates, customer names, and invoice amounts, enabling efficient tracking and reconciliation of invoices.
The Sales Price Variation report compares the actual sales prices with the standard or expected prices. It helps in identifying any price variations or discrepancies, ensuring accurate pricing and revenue analysis.
This report presents the monthly sales value, providing an overview of sales performance over time. It helps in monitoring sales trends, identifying peak sales periods, and assessing overall business performance
The Sales Product Detail report provides a comprehensive analysis of sales for each product, including quantity sold, revenue generated, customer details, and other relevant information. It aids in assessing product performance and making informed sales strategies.